Thursday, September 17, 2009

a note to my gitna

Hey Mags,
I was thinking about you the other day, and could have used you to take some pictures of some great needs.... I was buying supplies at Tikling. I felt a tug on my shirt and heard a voice "P50 for rice". I turned around and a woman was looking up to me with a cup in her hand. Her baby girl was suspended by a sling hanging from her shoulder. I was moved by the reality of this womans situation.

Tikling corners and the vendors, people waiting for public in the shade of phone poles, fruit and veggies, pork and fish, chickens and flies. I couldnt get this picture out of my mind.... the physical need, and her reaching out for help.
I love you gitna, dad

PS..... I had heard about about this video, but had not seen it. This father is very resourceful, cares for the street kids. and provides for his family. With limited resources and options, he is doing the best he can. These are families we are wanting to reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment