Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pastors Relief at Talim Island




On Wed, Nov. 17 I visited Talim Island. Many highlights. I met Pastor Noel who shared, "My vision for my church is......"! Those first six words captured me immediately. I love talking with pastors and men who have a vision and passion for God. For Pastor Noel, pastor and educator, he is is beginning with pre-schoolers (ages 3,4,5) and teaching their math, tagalog and english, writing and reading, Bible stories and memorization, and other skills and subjects.......from a Christian perspective. He is educating and training youth before they begin their formal education. And he pastors his church. His school has been in operation for three years and has had 50 students to this time. He is teaching his students to have vision and passion for God, and compassion for all people.


Proverbs 29: 18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I’m doing research on stilt houses and plans to visit Talim Island, hoping to find ones there. Aside from the stilt houses you’ve seen in the middle of the lake (assuming you’ve seen this), are there also ones that are in- land? The ones that are being inhabited by families in their everyday lives? If there are, do you still remember where in Talim Island? Also, who is your contact person in Talim? How can I be in contact with him/her?

    Thank you very much and I hope you could help me here.

    -hazel

    ReplyDelete