Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mangoes from Heaven



(CRASH on the roof.) Midweek Bible Fellowship celebrated a two month anniversary today! We were so happy this last week that we had received free bibles from a local ministry. And this week I found out there was a camp that was accepting 50 campers from our church this coming weekend. I said yes on faith, that I could write some letters and get the funding. Today I received an email that money was coming to pay for the campers. This was such a great encouragement for our congregation. (CRASH on the roof.)



This morning when I woke up though, I was feeling a burden that we were not going to have enough merienda during our coffee and fellowship time. (CRASH on the roof.) I knew the kids would want to drink coffee with sugar and cream, and that we didn't have any juice for them, and there was no bread. (CRASH on the roof.) There was another pound on the top of the house, which we hear this time of year as the Mangoes are falling on our house! And I then realized, "God was providing our merienda". I got a big smile on my face, because I knew God will provide and is providing for the needs of our church and community. Our Children's church needs colored pens and paper, chairs and tables. And God did provide for us to borrow 50 chairs from another church for this morning, but we need our own chairs.

God provided us Mangoes this morning, and our Midweek Bible Fellowship is growing. Praise God. We started with six people two months ago and each week we have grown. Last week we had 55 people, and today we had 81 in attendance. God is affirming our ministry in many ways, but at the same time God causing us to grow His way, not our way. (CRASH on the roof.)

No comments:

Post a Comment